Tax is inevitable and something we all have to pay, but the big question is…
Are you paying too much?
Like or hate it, and let’s face it most of us hate it, tax is something we all have to pay during our working lives, and for some during our non-working lives. However, there are numerous strategies to reduce the amount of tax we pay throughout our lives and upon our death.
These can range from simple to complex strategies.
At Total Wealth Management, we work together with your chosen taxation and estate planning professionals to ensure you have the right strategies in place in order to reduce the amount of tax you pay during life and at death.
Some tax minimisation strategies we may consider for you:
- Structuring the ownership of your assets tax effectively
- Tax effective investing for children
- Borrowing to invest
- Salary sacrifice and/or salary packaging
- Tax deductible contributions to superannuation
- Managing super contributions within the caps
- Super contribution splitting strategies
- Transition to retirement strategies
- Managing tax on redundancy payments
- Structuring or transferring ownership of insurance to make premiums more tax effective
- Maximising the CGT small business concessions
- Maximising your estate by reducing tax paid by beneficiaries
- Claiming tax back from your super fund upon death – anti-detriment payments
- Assisting with tax planning before, during and after you become an Australian non-resident for tax purposes