The combined effect of earlier retirement and living longer means that many Australians will spend more than a quarter of their life in retirement. While this sounds like good news, it does emphasise the importance of planning carefully – and well in advance – for your retirement.
At this stage in life your family have grown up and flown the nest; starting their own lives and families. You’re trying to work less, and focus on the things you may have delayed or put off because of family commitments. Your priorities have shifted from being 100% family orientated to now being able to focus on more of the hobbies and pastimes you enjoy.
Now is the time to seriously consider all the strategies that will help maximise the nest egg you’ll have to spend in retirement.
According to research by the Investment and Financial Services Association (IFSA), the Age Pension won’t be nearly enough to fund the lifestyle we’d like when we’re no longer working. So the best thing to do is to start saving now.
Questions you may be asking are:
- How do I reduce my debt faster?
- Should I start investing more money into superannuation?
- Should this be before tax (salary sacrifice) or after tax?
- Can I reduce my work hours?
- Is a transition to retirement strategy suitable for me?
- Does my current super fund provide me with all the flexibility, features and benefits I require?
- Is a self-managed superannuation fund suitable for me?
- I’ve been offered a redundancy, what do I do?
- When is the best time to sell my business? How do I manage the tax implications effectively and what do I do with the proceeds?
- Will I have enough to retire when I want to?
- Do I want to retire at 55 or 75?
- What if something unexpected happens and I can’t continue to work? Will I have to delay retirement or will my spouse have to give up work to take care of me?
How can Total Wealth Management help you?
Our professional and holistic approach to financial planning centres around creating and managing valued partnerships between you, Total Wealth Management and other specialists, all wording together to deliver your desired outcome. The services that may be relevant to you are:
- Pre-retirement and Retirement Planning
- Centrelink Maximisation Strategies
- Superannuation fund and strategy advice
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Personal Risk Insurance
- Wealth Accumulation
- Tax Minimisation Strategies and Tax Planning
- Debt Management
- Lifestyle Expense Planning
- Estate Planning
- Business Planning & Insurance
- Salary Packaging
- Property Valuation**
** Please note that TFLG Adviser Services Limited is not responsible for the advice and services provided by this Third Party, responsibility for advice and service will vest with the third party.