Did you know?
Between 2006-07 there were 14,000 grandparent families caring for 18,900 grandchildren. It is a situation fraught with legal and financial difficulties, and many grandparents are thrust into the role without a lot of consultation.
Source: Raising Children Network, 2011
At this stage in life your family have grown up and most probably have their own lives and family to focus. You’ve walked away from work or may be working part-time to keep yourself active. Your focus has shifted to from work to enjoying pastimes or hobbies, whatever it may be, you’re now enjoying the lifestyle you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
You may feel The Global Financial Crisis of recent years, has really affected your plans and for some, it may have delayed your retirement. You may be particularly cautious about the future and may have become more and more risk averse over the recent years.
A financial plan is essential in retirement, as too is regularly reviewing your plan to ensure that as legislation changes, your strategies can be altered to adapt to the changes.
If something happened to your adult son or daughter, and they weren’t insured, you’d probably want to make sure your grandchildren were looked after financially, whether you become the legal guardian or play a supportive role.
Talk to your children, we can help ensure they have adequate cover in place.
Questions you may be asking are:
- How can I make sure my assets can sustain me for the rest of my life so I’m not dependent of family or friends?
- Should I leave my retirement benefits in superannuation or should I start a retirement income stream?
- How do I maximise any Centrelink entitlement to the Age Pension?
- Does my current super fund provide me with all the flexibility, features and benefits I require?
- Is a self-managed superannuation fund suitable for me?
- I want to leave an inheritance for my children, how can I ensure that happens?
- How would I cope financially, if something happened to my children, and I was left to look after my grandchildren?
- How would my spouse or family cope if something happened to me and there isn’t the financial means available to maintain our new lifestyle?
How can Total Wealth Management help you?
Our professional and holistic approach to financial planning centres around creating and managing valued partnerships between you, Total Wealth Management and other specialists, all wording together to deliver your desired outcome. The services that may be relevant to you are:
- Pre-retirement and Retirement Planning
- Centrelink Maximisation Strategies
- Superannuation fund and strategy advice
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Personal Risk Insurance
- Tax Minimisation and Tax Planning
- Lifestyle Expense Planning
- Estate Planning
- Property Valuation**
Other services we provide are:
- Wealth Accumulation
- Business Planning & Insurance
- Salary Packaging
- Debt Management
** Please note that TFLG Adviser Services Limited is not responsible for the advice and services provided by this Third Party, responsibility for advice and service will vest with the third party.