Frequently Asked Questions
What is financial planning?
Financial planning is about developing strategies to help you manage your financial affairs and meet your life goals – and the first step is to make sure you have access to the right advice.
If you could achieve your financial goals by simply putting money away in the bank, you wouldn’t need a financial plan. Unfortunately, life is a little more complex – it’s hard to understand the intricacies of investment, taxation and ever-changing rules and regulations, so you need professional help.
Yet many of us resist seeking advice as if our financial future wasn’t just as important as our health or our children’s education. We often decide to manage our financial affairs ourselves or leave it to someone we know, which is a bit like buying vegetables at the butcher’s shop.
Financial planning is a specialist profession and you should make sure that you’re getting advice from a properly qualified person. A financial planner will help you reach your goals; even if retirement may seem a lifetime away, the sooner you start planning the more likely you’ll be to achieve financial independence and peace of mind.
Source: Financial Planning Association of Australia
Contact Total Wealth Management today to find out how we can help you.
What could a financial planner do for me?
A professional financial planner can thoroughly consider your circumstances, and then develop strategies to help you reach your goals.
- These may include funding your children’s education, helping with tax planning, having enough money to live comfortably after retiring, insurance, estate planning and so on, all of which requires specific knowledge and experience.
- You may seek financial advice to help you with a specific circumstance, such as starting a family, buying a house or managing an inheritance; a good planner can empower you to make the most of these situations.
- You may even prefer to form a long-term relationship with your financial planner, rather like an athlete who works with a coach to improve their performance and reach their potential.
The value of financial planning goes beyond dollars and cents – it can simplify your life and give you a sense of security about your current and future financial position. It’s disturbing that 50% of Australians are concerned they don’t have enough money to retire on.
The following link may be the ‘wake up call’ you need to confirm that you can not waste another moment without speaking to Total Wealth Management so we can help you with your plan.
Source: Financial Planning Association of Australia
How will a Total Wealth Management financial adviser help me?
- Strategies to reduce debt and the amount of tax you pay
- Looking for strategies to grow your wealth in the most tax effective manner
- Would like to develop a strategy for your eventual retirement
- About to retire and would like to arrange your assets to provide an ongoing income whilst paying little to no tax
- Maximise your Centrelink benefits in retirement
- Life insurance and total & permanent disablement protection
- Protecting your income in case you have an accident or serious illness
Do I have enough money to see a financial adviser?
- You have to start somewhere, the actual amount of your savings or assets does not matter
- Your commitment to achieving financial security for yourself and your family is more important than your current situation
- The situation for each individual is unique and equally important
- Total Wealth Management will look at your situation and help you with a strategy that is best for you
- All it takes to build wealth & protect your financial future is a well-managed plan
What advantages are there when I use a Total Wealth Management financial adviser?
- We only work for YOU, there is no link to the big banks, Government or your employer
- We build genuine relationships based on trust and proven strategies
- We don’t ‘sell’ advice, we listen and tailor a strategy to suit your needs
- We are a proud, long-standing Ipswich business
- Many of the industry superfunds help you by appointment only, if you don’t contact them they don’t contact you
What if I already have Qsuper or another industry super fund?
There is no need to change from this fund, we look at it as part of your overall portfolio
How much will it cost me?
- Your first appointment is complimentary as our focus is on opening your mind to the available options
- Depending on our discussion, the costs are based on the type of investment or insurance
- Nothing is put in place without your full understanding and approval
What will happen once I contact your office?
We believe that your financial future is too important to leave to chance, so we will:
- Organise a time to meet with you either in our office or at your place
- Listen to your circumstances
- Identify any financial concerns you may have
- Identify your financial and lifestyle goals
- Gather financial information about you
- Prepare a financial plan to protect you from risk and grow your wealth
- Implement the plan (strategies that secure a financial future for many of our existing clients)